Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis

The book was about Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. Stumbling into a wardrobe that lead them to the magical land of Narnia. In Narnia they ran into many magical creatures. Some good, some bad, and some evil. But the most evil creature of all was the white witch. She made it winter but never Christmas. The children needed to find Aslan the lion who was destined to defeat the evil witch.                                                             

Personal opinion:

I thought this was a great book for kids ages 8 to12. This action-packed book is full of adventure and suspense. I would give this a rating of 8 out of 10 lava bubbles.


Things that moms would want to know:

1. There is no cursing.

2. There is nothing inappropriate.

3. There is mild violence including death.






14 comments:

  1. Hey little man! Good luck with your blog! I'm looking forward to reading your reviews because I need some good reads for Johnnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for commenting. I appreciate it!

      -Ethan

      Delete
  2. We love this book in our family! Nice review, Ethan. My little boy is Ethan, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. tell Ethan I said hi.

      -Ethan

      Delete
  3. Well written review Ethan! I liked the book too. This year Mariyah is reading A Boy And His Horse from the same series. Did you see the movie version? How do you think it compares to the book? Can't wait to read more of your reviews. :)
    PS I love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the next books that I'll be reviewing is A Boy And His Horse. No, I have not seen the movie yet but I want to.


      Thank you for your comment!!!!

      -Ethan

      Delete
  4. What a great review. I love that you added things that the mom crowd would be interested in knowing about this book. I may not be between the ages of 8-12 but you certainly made me want to reread this book. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My mom liked that part too.

      Thank you for your comment.

      -Ethan

      Delete
  5. Love it... 8 bubbles! :) Have you seen the movie yet? I always think that the books are better than the movies because they include so much more detail. What do you think?

    My Nathan is also a reader (and he LOVES to write!). He will be jealous when he finds out that you have your own blog!!! Hmm... I would sign up to follow you, but... I don't know how to do that!!! :-/

    Aunt Becki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not seen the movie yet but I think the books are always better then the movies too.

      P.S Tell Nathan I said NA NA NA NA BO BO!...J/K

      Delete
  6. This is so cool that you started a blog for your books you are reading. This will be a great help for Mom's and kids to find a good book!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came here from your moms blog. I have a 10 year old son who reads and reads and reads. And he would love to have a blog like you. This was one of his favorite books. He just finished Shilio...did you read that? Welcome to blog land....and good luck writing and reading and learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Shilio yet but I think I will try to soon.

      -Ethan

      Delete